NOSEY BIO: Loud, brass, and tastelessly attired, I.B. Nosey is famed for his exuberant “Greetings, cybernuts! This is I.B. Nosey, your official unofficial reporter!” He seeks answers to the kind of probing questions no accredited journalist would deem intelligent, let alone newsworthy enough, to ask. Fleet of foot, wide of mouth, and fluent of tongue-in-cheek, I.B. Nosey’s unique interviewing style is comparable to none.

Winner of the Pukelitzer Award. Spokesman for Gum Drop Island’s confectionary plantation. Featured in InD’Tale magazine and The Woven Tale Press.


Wednesday, July 5, 2017

July 2017 Insecure Writer's Support Group



Greetings, cyber-nuts. This is I.B. Nosey, your official unofficial reporter reporting to you from my official unofficial post with The Insecure Writer's Support Group blog hop.

If you're not a follower of this blog hop, maybe you should be, 
'cause it's official unofficially good stuff!

How do you start? Simple. Visit that above link, and you'll discover that author Alex J. Cavanaugh put together his swell blog in an effort to help authors succeed in their writing. 

Can't think of stuff to write about for your own blog? No problem, 'cause all ya gotta do is click over to Alex's site and borrow the question he posts.

Now, is that helpful or what?

This month he asks: "What is one valuable lesson you've learned since you've started writing?"

And, of course, at this point I throw my atomic microphone to Miss Mae and allow her to answer. Heh heh.

Miss Mae: "Great question! I guess one thing I've learned is patience. Gee, writing is hard enough, but as I've stated before, marketing is tremendous effort...and I'm not real good at it. So, trying to find new and creative ways to 'get my name/books out there' seems to be an unending process. Congrats to those who've succeeded!"

Back again to I.B. Nosey...


Well, she was right to the point, eh, folks? I think she might be kinda busy, ya know, trying to open marketing doors, heh heh.

So allow me to sign off this month with this reminder: (okay, I'm trying to help her market and...hey! Don't throw that rotten egg! Aackkk!)

*******
Hey, yo, readers! Be nosey, and sign up for Miss Mae's newsletter! Why not? It's FREE!

***********

And, did you also know that a short tale about me, I.B. Nosey, your intrepid internet reporter is FREE for you to simply download? Yes, come meet your Fated Destiny...Oh, Yeah! heh heh



8 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

patience sure is key when writing away, as it is pretty much never ending if you want to keep going, so patience is required.

Juneta key said...

One step at a time and pretty soon you are looking back on a mile.
' Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm not sure we ever really succeed at marketing.
Don't tell Miss Mae though...

cleemckenzie said...

I need more of Miss Mae. She has her act together.

klahanie said...

Patience, absolutely. Miss Mae and of course, you, oh inquisitive one aka I. B. Nosey, are two of my bestest type heroes.

Consider this pawst, as paw usual. Oops, consider this post, as per usual, well and truly shared because I'm good like that.

Penny's fictional human,

Gary

Chemist Ken said...

Marketing, tell me about it. I've spent a lot of time reading up on it, and it sounds like eve the people who are good at it don't really understand why stuff works sometimes and why it doesn't. Argggg!

Anonymous said...

@Pat Hatt:

So Miss Mae informs me!

@Juneta Key:

That's a great way of looking at it!

@Alex J. Cavanaugh:
*gasp* Not succeed? What's ya mean, fella? You're "light speed" ahead of us! *wink*

@cleemckenzie:
Miss Mae has something together...but not sure it's an act, heh heh.

@klahanie:
Fictional human? Hm. Maybe Penny's barking up a wrong tree, eh?

@Chemist Ken:
You've hit the nail on the head...frustrating times one zillion!

Michelle Wallace said...

Patience...and perseverance. Yep.
Marketing? Mmmm, that's another beast altogether.
Listen to Miss Mae - she nailed it!