NOSEY BIO: Loud, brass, and tastelessly attired, I.B. Nosey is famed for his exuberant “Greetings, cybernuts! This is I.B. Nosey, your official unofficial reporter!” He seeks answers to the kind of probing questions no accredited journalist would deem intelligent, let alone newsworthy enough, to ask. Fleet of foot, wide of mouth, and fluent of tongue-in-cheek, I.B. Nosey’s unique interviewing style is comparable to none.

Winner of the Pukelitzer Award. Spokesman for Gum Drop Island’s confectionary plantation. Featured in InD’Tale magazine and The Woven Tale Press.


Tuesday, January 7, 2020

IWSG for January 2020 - Inspiration



Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

January 8 question - What started you on your writing journey? Was it a particular book, movie, story, or series? Was it a teacher/coach/spouse/friend/parent? Did you just "know" suddenly you wanted to write?



NOSEY: Greetings, cybernuts! This is I.B.Nosey, the official unofficial reporter! It's a new month and a new Insecure Writer question - and I have absolutely no idea what Miss Mae - she's my author, ya know, heh heh - and as I was about to say... *hesitates* Er, um, hmm... *brightens* Oh yeah! I wonder what her answer might be?

*And just like that, dear reader, Nosey's cell buzzed. Now, don't you wonder who it might be calling?*

NOSEY: Greetings, caller! This is I.B. Nosey, your official--

MISS MAE: Oh, Nosey, it's me. Hello.

NOSEY: Miss Mae? Yeah? Funny, I was just talking about you.

MISS MAE: Of course you were, Nosey. I have a million things to do so let me answer this month's IWSG's question and--

NOSEY: Hey, that's cool 'cause, like, I was just in the middle of hosting that because Feeling Nosey? is my blog and--

MISS MAE: Yes, we all know! Now, hush for a minute, will ya?

NOSEY: But--

MISS MAE: Let me answer the question, Nosey. To all of the ISWG folks out there, let me say that I grew up on the Nancy Drew mysteries so if a certain series, etc., inspired me to try my hand at writing, blame it on Nancy.

NOSEY: Did you saw Nancy Drew? But what did she draw?

MISS MAE: Uh, come again?

NOSEY: If Nancy drew - what? Miss Mae? Miss Mae! Hello - you there?


***************

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You finally got her! Although she will be back...

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Funny! Me too on the Nancy Drew. I didn't read everything but read many.

Teresa

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Has Miss Mae been sipping the "special" cough medicine again???

Suzanne Furness said...

I loved reading the Nancy Drew series too!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I loved Nancy Drew as a kid. I still have a collection of original hardback books.

Larry Hammersley said...

I think a high school teacher and after that a creative writing professor at Purdue inspired me to write although they didn't come out and say that. Dr. Fatout at Purdue said one of my short stories reminded him of Thoreau and the Ants. Whoa, but I still only managed a C in the class. I was up against a bunch of English majors.

J.Q. Rose said...

MM hung up on you, IB? What in the world??? What is wrong with that woman?? Call her back.I can't wait to hear what she says, um, that is if she'll answer. Giggling.