NOSEY BIO: Loud, brass, and tastelessly attired, I.B. Nosey is famed for his exuberant “Greetings, cybernuts! This is I.B. Nosey, your official unofficial reporter!” He seeks answers to the kind of probing questions no accredited journalist would deem intelligent, let alone newsworthy enough, to ask. Fleet of foot, wide of mouth, and fluent of tongue-in-cheek, I.B. Nosey’s unique interviewing style is comparable to none.

Winner of the Pukelitzer Award. Spokesman for Gum Drop Island’s confectionary plantation. Featured in InD’Tale magazine and The Woven Tale Press.


Tuesday, July 2, 2019

July 2019 IWSG


First Wednesday of the Month - Visit IWSG Here


Greetings, cybernuts! This is I.B. Nosey, your official unofficial reporter! And if it's the first Wednesday of the month, then it's IWSG Wednesday.

Yeah. You might be wondering what IWSG means, what it is, what it does, what - what - what - er, um, where was I? Heh. Heh. Lemme check my notes. *flips through notepad*

Oh, yeah! I'm a Pukelitzer Award winning journalist and I always report the news newer than any newbie, so here ya go, cyber-readers:

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It's a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds.

And big Nosey thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh for the heavy work of his light-bulb moment to get this group rolling. Whoa. 




The question this month -which sounds like a nosey question, I gotta tell ya- is: What personal traits have you written into your character(s)?

So on my little slip of paper that Miss Mae has shared of her answer, it says: I write my heroines, certainly, to reflect aspects of my own character such as they are most likely 'nobodies', meaning they aren't celebrities of any sort - sports/career/what-have-you. They are ordinary bake cookies/crochet doilies type of gals who (because I do have a sneaky imagination) are thrown into extraordinary events. And in such circumstances how can a Betty Crocker personality overcome and conquer?  

And, well, I'd like to add...heh heh...I can answer of why she put similar traits of herself into me. Should be obvious, right? I mean, we're fine looking, snappy dressers and, uh..oh yeah, I'm a professional. That means I know how to do my job.

*steps back to smirk into mirror, trips over microphone cord and lands flat on floor*

NOSEY: *screams* Ai, ai! Miss Mae! Gimme a band-aid, quick, my famous nose that's autographed by Bob Hope has got a splinter! Ooh, ouch, heeelllpppp! 


********

(P.S. from Miss Mae: - one of my character traits is that I have a weird sense of humor) 

  

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And the weird sense of humor is funny!

The Cynical Sailor said...

I love your sense of humor! What a creative IWSG post :)

Cheers - Ellen

Anonymous said...

Hey Alex, Thanks for coming by and it's good to know that you were Feeling Nosey today!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Cynical Sailor. Creative, eh? Actually, Creative is my middle name and-- oh, wait, no it's not. It's B. Hm, I.B. or not I.B., but guess I really is B. Heh heh.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Hey, Betty Crocker was a tough broad!

Fundy Blue said...

Hilarious! Just the lift I needed this evening, I.B. I love your weird sense of humor!

Helen said...

Thanks for the laugh! And the imagination. :)

Vivo Themes said...

I like your post, Thank you for sharing!

Best Android